Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Shawshank Redemption

IMDb has The Shawshank Redemption rated as the #1 movie of all time and it comes up repeatedly on lists of the best movies ever made. Naturally, I was excited to see it. I already knew I would like it too. That's because I saw the short, Family Guy version of it on its episode "Three Kings" where they acted out 3 Stephen King stories. I liked the story and thought it was very funny. Unfortunately I knew pretty much how it ended and what happened.

Nevertheless, I loved this movie. Morgan Freeman? Epic, so was Andy's actor. How this movie didn't beat out Forest Gump...I don't know.

This movie was still as potent to me as I believe it was years ago. I love movies about redemption. I love prison break movies. I loved this movie.

I was slightly frightened by some of it. I'm still new to R rated movies and butt rape was a little awkward to see.

But the movie tied together very well. And the little "Sherlock Holmes" explanation at the end about how he escaped was great. The characters were rounded and I honestly was very upset when Brooks died. And the very end made me very happy, with the reunion and all. The music when the warden discovered the hole was awesome. There were so many great things in this movie (like how he exposed the warden and wore his shoes after he escaped :) and it definitely made my top movies list.

I give it an A.

BTW you should check out the Family Guy version of The Shawshank Redemption. It's hilarious and it captures some of the greatest moments of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment